Mostly every one of us suffers from upset stomach and diarrhea. It can happen in people of all ages. In most cases these two resolves at home without going to doctor or your home remedies treat them. Some main causes of stomach upset and diarrhea are over eating, stress or food poisoning.
Drinking more fluids or staying hydrated is an important thing you should do in diarrhea. Diarrhea makes your bowel movements watery and loose. I am sure that if you have diarrhea or upset stomach the only thing you will ask to me is how to settle an upset stomach and diarrhea. Don’t worry my article will you about it.
First of all know about some of its symptoms which are bloating, watery tool, mild fever, nausea and vomiting but most of the times diarrhea resolves on its own. But here are some remedies which are
- Eat foods that are easy to digest: Take foods like apple, banana and rice in your diet for some days as your digestive system will easily digest these.
- Raw honey: Adding honey and ginger root to your herbal tea will helps in reducing irritation.
- Stick to liquids: Drinking water and keeping you hydrated is one of the best treatment for diarrhea as during diarrhea we losses water. Drinking vegetable juices or coconut water is also a good option as coconut water contains electrolytes but do not drink too much juice.
- Avoid caffeinated and carbonated drinks: Avoid coffee and alcohol. Alcohol dehydrates your body and makes your diarrhea worse.
- Take small sips: It is good to take fluids but take fluid such as water in small sips because taking much fluid at once can worse your diarrhea.
Remedies for Stomach Upset:
- Ginger: Ginger is used as a medicine from early times and has many anti-inflammatory properties. It also helps in giving relief to stomach upset. You can make ginger tea also.
- Yogurt: Yogurt is mostly used for stomach problems because of probiotic or the friendly bacteria which it contains. Take 2 cups of yogurt daily for relief.
- Fenugreek seeds: Fenugreek seeds can be easily found in Indian kitchens known as methi. These seeds contain mucilage which helps in bulking your stool and provides you relief.
- Peppermint: You can chew peppermint directly, suck a mint toffee or take a peppermint coffee. It gives you relief because its leaves contain methanol which is a natural pain reliever.
- Apple cider vinegar: When it comes on home remedies for stomach problems apple cider vinegar gets is named first. The acid in the apple cider vinegar helps to keep bacteria in gut healthy. You can take a teaspoon of it with honey and a cup of water.
So from the next time if you are suffering from stomach upset or diarrhea you can solve it by yourself because now you are aware of how to settle an upset stomach and diarrhea at home with natural ingredients.
CONCLUSION: Stomach upset and diarrhea are common problems which can be solved at home by natural ways easily.