Trapped wind is a situation which gives us pain and discomfort and it also makes pressure in our digestive system. It is a very uncomfortable and sometimes it also embarrasses you socially but passing gas is a normal thing. In this article we will tell you how to get rid of trapped wind in the stomach with some simple methods so that you will not suffer embarrassment and discomfort anymore. Some symptoms of trapped wind are bloating of stomach, flatulence and stomach cramps. Before knowing how to get rid of this problem we will tell you about what are its causes or what are factors that can lead to this problem. Sometimes while eating we swallow air, over eating or drinking carbonated drinks are some factors that contribute to wind trapping in stomach.
METHODS OR WAYS TO GET RID OF TRAPPED WIND:
- Exercise regularly: Doing exercise regularly gives massage to our internal organs and helps in relieving trapped gas. You can try exercise like child pose or many other stretching exercises also and try to wear loose clothes always so that it will provide a space for food to pass through digestive tract and so that no gas will be produced.
- Peppermint tea: Peppermint tea contains methanol and has antispasmodic properties. It relaxes our muscles and gives relief from bloating. You can take a glass of warm water and put a peppermint tea bag in water and left it for 8 minutes and then remove bag from water and drink that water.
- Take fiber: If you want to make your digestive system healthy you should consume fiber in your diet. You can also eat pumpkin as it is high in fiber it reduces the gas produced by the bacteria in our gut.
- Avoiding foods: Try to avoid fruits or vegetables like broccoli, beans, onions and cabbage. Stay away from carbonated drinks like Pepsi as it contains a lot of carbon dioxide.
- Avoid dairy: Lactose intolerance means you are not able to produce sufficient enzymes to which breaks down lactose. Undigested lactose leads to large intestine and production of gas.
- Baking soda: Baking soda is base while stomach pains occur due to acid in stomach so baking soda which is a base neutralizes this acid and gives you relief.
- Probiotics: Probiotics contains plenty of good bacteria and these bacteria reduce due to alcohol consumption or laxatives. Having insufficient bacteria will lead to problems of indigestion.
- You can take yogurt, buttermilk to increase these good bacteria’s.
- Eating at right time: You have heard or read it somewhere that we should eat heavy meal in morning, then some light meal in lunch and very light meal in dinner. The reason behind it is that when we are awake digestion is good. So we should eat our dinner 2 to 3 hours before going to bed.
By using these methods and changes you will definitely get relief and you will not ask me again how to get rid of trapped wind in the stomach.
CONCLUSION: Sometimes wind gets trapped in our stomach which gives us pain and discomfort. This discomfort able situation can be simply avoided by some easy ways at home.